Tuesday, October 5, 2010

road rash

Last week we were playing at the park and Dylan came home with a bit of road rash. The park we were at had a little zip line thing and lots of kids were playing on it. Dylan would hold on to it and another older kid (who we didn't know) pulled him back and forth across it as he held onto his legs. I knew it was a bad idea, but they were having so much fun. Just after telling myself to back off, Dylan lost his grip and landed with his face in the wood chips. I was glad to see this was all that had happened. The first things I was scared of was a broken arm. Just the night before I had been on the phone with my old friend Jen and her daughter had broken her arm that day falling off the monkey bars at school. So sad! My mom broke both of her arms falling off the monkey bars when she was little too. So I was so glad to know that I wasn't punished too harshly for ignoring my motherly instincts. No doctor visit required for us.

I should have taken a picture the next day when it looked much worse when everything was scabbing up. Not even a week later and he looks almost 100% better.

No comments: