Monday, November 14, 2011

Halloween fun with Grandma and Grandpa

The boys love it when Grandma and Grandpa come to visit. They were counting down the days to when they would come for a few weeks before. They came in mid-October, and I figured it was the perfect time to do some Halloween activities. It is much easier with more adults around to attempt some of those things with the boys!

They pulled in very late Friday night (or Saturday morning, I guess). The boys knew that they would be there when they woke up. Dylan, who is our best sleeper, came in around 4am asking if they were here yet. I assured him that they were, but that everyone still needed a little more sleep before he went to see them. He was fine with that and went back to sleep for a few hours, luckily.

We started off the day going to Dylan's soccer game. It was fun to have a few more Dylan fans to cheer him on. After that we were ready to carve some pumpkins. 




Gavin kept busy with all of the pumpkin goop

Easton and Grandpa with their cute jack-o-lantern

Tim's jack-o-lantern. Unfortunately it only lasted about a day before someone (I'm guessing Easton) pulled the bat off. Oh well. It was great while it lasted.
We sorted out the pumpkin seeds and roasted them. I haven't done that since I was little. Dylan was supposed to do it as part of his October homework for Kindergarten. They were pretty good. Dylan even liked them.

Later in the day we made sugar cookies. Dylan and Easton loved cutting the shapes out of the dough with cookie cutters. They were loving decorating the cookies too.
Grandpa helping Easton decorate cookies

Gavin with the proof of his cookie all over his face.

Dylan's skeleton, Easton's smiley face, and Tim's bat.

Thanks for coming to visit, Grandma and Grandpa! We can't wait until you come again!!

No comments: