Time flies! I can't believe Dylan is SIX YEARS OLD! We had a great time celebrating his birthday. The day started very early as usual, and he picked out a few of his presents to open. This Superman shirt was one of them. Of course once Dylan was dressed, Easton wanted to be just like him and found his Superman shirt to wear too. When I asked them to pose for a picture, the pictures below are what we stared with - super hero poses.
Dylan has school that day and took cookies to share with his class. They had early release that day and we had a birthday party planned for him - a Halloween costume party. I had all sorts of games planned and everything was perfect in my mind, but it was total chaos once the kids arrived. It worked out great in the end, but it was nothing like I had visualized! I forgot to get a picture of the whole group - oops!
| TJ, Dylan, Jack, Easton, Ruby and Olivia |
| The kids all decorated their own cupcakes with tons of candy and sprinkles. WHAT A MESS! I'm lighting the candle for a cupcake so we can sing to Dylan and let him blow out the candles. |
| The birthday boy ready to blow out his candles - among the big mess! |
Some things we want to remember about Dylan at 6 years old:
1. He absolutely loves to go to school. He has a great teacher, Ms. Mohney, that is so good with the kids. He is in the afternoon Kindergarten class and has made many friends in his class.
2. He is a very social boy. He loves to make friends.
3. He loves Transformers right now and was lucky to get quite a few for his Birthday. I had actually bought him one for his birthday but hadn't wrapped it yet. In playing one day, he found it and was so excited and told me about it. I told him that maybe we should take it back so that his birthday presents could be a surprise. He insisted that we need to keep it and told me "you know what your birthday presents are because you buy them for yourself." Oops - true (sometimes). He won, and we kept it and wrapped it up for his birthday. He was still excited when he opened it.
4. He loves bugs - both chasing and catching them as well as learning about them.
5. He is really good at building things - with legos, blocks, and random junk. He plays out in the field by our house and finds any random wood and junk and ties it together into his "fort".
6. He likes to run and play and loves to play soccer.
7. His favorite color is still green - so I guess this school picture is perfect to show that. He picked the green shirt, but whoever the crazy person was that picked the background color did a poor job. TOO MUCH GREEN. Haha. Oh well. Still a cute shot of my sweet Dylan.
Dylan just had his 6 year well checkup. He is 47.5" tall. He has grown 1.25 inches since May - seems like a lot in 6 months. No wonder I keep finding his pants looking like floods. The doctor estimated that he would be about 6 feet tall when he is done growing. It will be interesting to see if that is true. I guess I runted him a bit. Sorry, buddy! He weighs 45.4 pounds.
I love this sweet little boy. He tries so hard to be a helper and loves to be obedient. He also loves to wrestle and fight with his younger brothers, but I guess that's normal kid stuff. He is such a loving kid and I feel so lucky to be his mom. I'm so proud of what a great kid he is.



No comments:
Post a Comment