Sunday, November 23, 2008

Headboard

I have been wanting a headboard for our bed for...well...basically FOREVER! Since ultimately we want a king size bed someday, that wish was stomped out by my frugal hubby. The last month or so I pretty much decided I was just going to get me a cheap one - I found one on sale for $100 and felt like that was a great deal. When Tim looked at it with me, he was sure he could make one even better than that for much cheaper. So on came the challenge. I have to say I was very skeptical at first, but he did an awesome job! Even with buying a few tools for the job, I think we still came out ahead. Plus I was reminded that our awesome sander will be used on many future projects. Yay!

Here is my one and only in process picture. Our little garage became the workshop and my chest freezer and washer/dryer became the tool bench. I'm so excited to have the headboard done because it turned out great, but almost just as excited to have my washer/dryer back with no obstacles! Thanks, Tim!!

4 comments:

Kristen said...

looks great!

Leah said...

Wow, that looks really nice! Great job, Tim.

Tanya Smith said...

Wow. What a handy husband you have...

aaron said...

tim, it looks really nice.